Saturday, August 23, 2008

Friends

My parents claim that I'm a good friend. Here's my "friend policy:"
A good friend is a friend that you can goof off with but they're not considered your best friend because you only see them every so often or you spend a lot more time with other people.
A boyfriend or a girlfriend is a boy or girl you have a crush on. I don't have any of these.
A galfriend is a best friend that's a girl. I have sooo many of these it's hard to keep track (but, their being my best friend, I have to).
A guyfriend is a very good friend that's a boy. I don't have too many of these, just (pretty much) the boys in our ward. There's maybe one or two others.
Isn't that a good list? Now, on to what my week has been like:
School, school, school. This is absolute ecstasy! Yesterday was the ward campout. Sadie B., Sadie J., and Janessa dragged me along with them to go check out "cute guys" in the pavilion below where our ward was. Someone still needs to tell me where "cute" came in. We ate, and then we watched skits. My Mom was in a skit where she had a huge purple wig (I measured it- almost two feet tall!!!) on and a dress and smothered lipstick on. My Dad sang in a barbershop quartet to Brightly Beems the Fathers Mercy. The bishopric did a magic act. The bishop made a penny disappear inside a shmushed up banana- in the backside pocket of his pants! It was really quite amazing to everyone (except his wife, who now has to clean that back pocket). Then Micheal (David's brother) played some of his compositions on the guitar. I am buying his album!
Speaking of compositions, I'm entering Tidbits into my piano academy's composition book. Tidbits Too is currently undergoing revision.
Also speaking of compositions, ask Tyson about the great music he has on his iPod. Right after I buy Micheal's new album, I'm buying Tyson's. Great stuff!
Then we set up our tent and got ready for bed. Tyson, Sadie J., Janessa, Taylor, Bryce (am I forgetting anyone?), and me played Imagineiff, where Tyson and me cheated and put down the same card every time. We didn't win, but we didn't lose. Actually, we came in tied for second, behind Janessa, who knew what she was doing. Then Tyson, Taylor and me teamed up for Phase Ten. We won, of course.
Speaking of Phase Ten, Katie came over today. We had ice cream, played Phase Ten, and then worked on her blog before starting to watch Nim's Island. I love her.
I've decided to try out for the school's production of Romeo and Juliet. Wish me luck! I'll need it.

Quote of Today: Thou shalt not whine.

3 comments:

Janessa said...

Which Katie??? katie from p.e.?

Janessa said...

Kay, no offence, but I really need to show you how to find a completly awsome background.... I also want you to start up pink cookies again too.... I loved that!

Janessa said...

oh, do you like my new pic???