Friday, October 2, 2009

MAJOR UPDATES: Girl's Camp

Yo.

Welcome back to MAJOR UPDATES. In this episode, we will explore the results of a whole ward of girls put in an environment without makeup, chocolate, credit cards, or boys. For most girls, this is torture, and then there are those weirdos who think it's a refuge- ahem! Well, except for the "no chocolate" part...
We went to Heber Valley Camp this year. You know, the one with cabins and hot showers and a kitchen and bunk beds and electric outlets and everything? That's the one!This year, my Mom was camp cook. We had yummy food!
This isn't her, this is just my version of her during our skit. I'm wearing her clothes, makeup, shoes, and we later curled my hair. I looked a lot like her! Weird, huh?
Yeah, we kind of made fun of the leaders by being them.
Our team leader was Cheyenne. She was Sister Hickey (a.k.a. Iron Woman). Sister Hickey had to get stitches because we played Tug-o-War until the rope broke.We were the Ohana clan. As in Barack Ohana (that was me!)
Inside joke.
Ha, ha.
:)
This is Jasmine. I was her secret sister.This is me preparing for the Ropes Course.These are both groups doing a spiritual activity. We almost won; it was a tie. Bailey volunteered to save us all by standing on a log all day, but Channing won.This was totally the best part of camp!!! Brother Jonas had come up as a priesthood leader, and after he splashed Sister Freeman with water when we were canoeing, she had us all gang up on him with full water bottles when he wasn't looking. It was awesome!Fear factor!!!
And yes,I'm perfectly aware that I'm not going in order.
Then we made tents (it's not like we slept in them- nope, we got cabins with mattresses instead).This is Sara and Kelsey being weird (Kelsey was Sister Bradford, by the way).
More random pictures; These are all pretty self-explanatory. Hasta luego! Stay tuned for the next episode of MAJOR UPDATES!

Quote of Today: Today, I will be happier than a bird with a french fry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!! It looked soooo much fun!!! I was about to come to girls camp this year with you guys but than our ward was going boating and I was already on the list so I had to go!! I'm so sorry!!!! Wow now I totally regret not going!!!
Tell everyone I love them!!!

Love,
Sadie Buckles

Lizzie said...

It's okay. Don't freak out. Breathe.
Hi, Sadie. Good to hear form you again. You sound... normal.
I hope boating was fun. Our ward went boating a little while back and that was one our best activities ever.
They know you love the,. I'll just be their reminder.
Love ya!
:)

Lizzie