Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Fling!

Yo.
Miss me?
News: Today is the first official day of SUMMER!!! I'm a ninth grader now! Yeah! You know, it's really weird how last year, when we became eighth graders, which isn't such a big deal, we were bouncing off the walls with excitement. But now that we're ninth graders, we're like, "Cool. What else is new?"
I am reading a cute new book, The Mysterious Benedict Society. It is very inventive. It's not quite my level- it's probably for a fifth or sixth grader or something- but it's very entertaining.
My Dad never reads my blog and he chooses now to read it, like when I get a haircut or something else that he's not supposed to know about! Oh, by the way, he is on the other side of the planet for those of you who are unaware. He is taking my dream vacation!!!
He saw Mozart's birthplace and got a live concert, he saw two famous places to make pianos (they have four extra keys, but they are much more expensive), he is eating chocolate covered pretzels the size of his head, he saw where The Sound of Music was filmed (Maria's abbey, the stairs where the children learned how to sing, the graveyard where they almost got caught, the stage where they sung right before they ran away, and where they were married towards the end), and Auschwitz. Ahhhh!
For more information and detail about his trip (be prepared to be jealousified) and pictures, visit http://davehaws.spaces.live.com/ and don't tell him I sent you. I'm sulking at him right now.
We had night games on Friday, and it started out boring because everybody was late except for Jessi, Leia, Kyrie, and I (thanks, girls!), but eventually people showed up. It was a lot of fun; we played "Ghost in the Graveyard," "Capture the Flag," "Tunnel Tag," "Missionary Tag," "Kick the Can," (except it was, "Kick the Football") and then we went home to games like "Rummikub," "Conga," and "The Last Word." I think everybody had the most fun with that one.
I've been tagged.
Janessa tagged me into doing a Bucket list. I've never done one of these before, but I think it's just where you make a list of about 20 things you want to do before September 1, 2009. You have to complete at least 10 of them before that date.
You ready for this?

  • Become a contestant! I want to compete in contests, whether it is writing poetry or short stories or a song or preforming piano or guitar.
  • Finish at least two Value Projects. I've been working on my Faith Value Project for well over ten hours now; it's been more like fifty. I need to just get it over with. I'll also work on another one.
  • Hit the books. I shall read at least one thousand pages by September 1st. Comment and recommend a bunch that I should read!
  • Roll in the dough. I need to make some money this year. Sure, we'll be doing Summer Camp, but I want to make a little more than even that.
  • Read my scriptures every day. Every single day, got that?
  • Get more active. Whether it's doing ten push-ups a day or going on a walk, I want to exercise a little more, instead of sitting at my laptop and blogging all day.
  • Dance. Oh, this will be so hard! I CANNOT dance. I can't put enough emphasis on that. But, with Trek and EFY and stake dances coming up, my Mom wants to give me a few one-on-one dancing lessons. Do you think I can do it?
  • Go places! I'll save up for a day at Lagoon or Seven Peaks or something, but I want a small break from reality. Maybe a weekend at the cabin will be enough.
  • Improve. I want to be way better at piano and guitar by the time Summer is over. I'm also deeply considering organ lessons.
  • Organize. My closet and bookshelf are driving me nuts!!! I can't find anything!
  • Wake up with the Sunrise. Normally, Summer means, "sleep in, no makeup, and pajama day until noon," but I want to act no different than if it was a normal school day.
  • Cook. I could work this to my advantage, right? Cooking a meal once in a while could be a good thing. I want to cook at least 5 meals for my family.
  • Serve. No school does not mean no work. Maybe I'll volunteer every now and then.
  • Participate in at least one 5k. My Dad and I are going to do it this year.
  • Keep track. I need to take more pictures and write in my journal more.
  • Party. Whether it's night games or a swimming bash, I will throw at least two more parties this Summer.
  • Keep in touch. I want to call people up, and write my Grandparents (on their mission in Australia). Comment and write your email so I can write to you, too!
  • Try new things. I will try at least nine new dishes, games, parks, things, and so forth. Who's with me?
  • Learn 20 new words. My vocabulary is stellar, but no school will hurt it. I want a word of the day. Let's see... should I start now? How about Merriam-Webster's word a day thing? The word for June 1 is "tenebrous." It means, "1: to shut off from the light : dark, murky, 2: hard to understand : obscure, 3: causing gloom."
  • Live a little. Yeah, I'm not so good at putting myself out there. I will hike up to the "Y" (and I don't really care if it's not that big of a hike), the Timpanogas Cave in under an hour, and... I'll come up with some of this stuff on the spot. You know me, right?

Sound good? I think it's twenty, but I'm not checking again. I tag... well, my followers. Tag! Hasta luego!

Quote of Today: Mom, the fish is mad! Mom, I think he wants to eat me! Mom! Mom?

3 comments:

Janessa said...

O.K., first off, good luck. Second, We really arn't ninth graders until school starts, but whatever. So, I read your dad's blog, but I can't comment because of the whole "Windows Live" thing. I prefer Gmail anyday though. Sorry that I couldn't make it to night games. Our family went to "Up" instead. We should have night games every other friday night. That would be tons of fun. I agree, we do need more parties. Hit the books: Agreed. I am reading more too.
Roll in the Dough: Hopefully we will have more people signing up! we only have two!!!
Scriptures: Me too!
Active: I don't think this is an option. It is pretty much required to be fit for trek.
Dance: Unfourtunatly, I have to. You get to.
Seven Peaks/Lagoon: I will help you with that one...
Iprove: Organ would be cool.
Orginize: Can you orginize anymore than you already have???
sunrise: Good luck with that one... I decided that I am not waking up after 10.
5k: That would be fun. My mom and I do the Race for the cure every year.
Party: Great. Bring out the Cheetos and Popcorn.
Try new things: I'm with Ya!
New Words: O.K....
Live a little: The Y is not an easy hike! It's 2.5 miles of steep..ness! And thats only uphill! I tripped the whole way up and down! (Oh, wait... I'm a Clutz.) so I guess it won't be too hard.
Wow. that was like my biggest comment. Ha! the little bar thing on the side just keeps going down and down and smaller and smaller and smaller... OOOOOOHHHHH!!!!! did you hear that Stacy had her twins???!!! I dont know their names yet, but I will tell you as soon as I find out.

Janessa said...

Ha! look how Big it was!

Kates Rae said...

Hey, if you like The Mysterious Benedict Society, I did, you might like the sequel. It's called TMBS and the Perilous Journey.