Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Crazy Summer Day in the Life of Lizzie Normally Goes Something Like This/Amazing Jon Schmit Song/Picutres to Make Up for the Past Year

Yo.
I didn't know what else to call the post. :)
Jessi's back!!! She had a wonderful week in Hawaii (at least, that's what I hear) and we had an awesome late night last night, watching Ice Age 2 and eating popcorn. She brought me back some pretty cool souvenirs and wrote all about it on her blog.
EJ Super Summer Camp started! It went really well... for the most part. The theme was, "Games Around the World" and I was in charge. We tried to make pinatas for the Mexican game, out of balloons and paper mache. That didn't go as well as I had hoped.

Dad came back and brought me a puppet! It's a Queen Elizabeth puppet and it was so sweet of him. He also brought a bunch of chocolate back, including the stuff that Mr. Brooks worships (Milka bars) and a chocolate bar, the wrapper of which warned girls against eating it. It didn't taste very good.
Oh, well.
Funny moment I just have to share:
One kid showed up to Summer Camp that was a total stranger to me. He was sooo cute and funny and sweet. I played with him for a little bit, and then finally went up to Janessa and said, "Janess, who is that?" I asked.
"Kyson," she said.
"Tyson?" I asked.
"No, Kyson! With a 'k'!"
"Kyson who?"
"Kyson Moll. The Bishop's grandson."
Wow! Say the name once and you get confused! Ha, ha...
I lost track of how many times I called him Tyson at, like, twenty.

That reminds me... I have to show you guys this one music video. It's by Jon Schmidt and it's sooo amazing I can't speak when it's over (if you're wondering how I switched from Tyson to this, this song has the piano and cello in it- pretty self-explanatory!)
It's an arrangement of Taylor Swift's Love Story and Coldplay's Vida la Vida. When I say it's amazing, you had better believe me!!!
It is sooo amazing, I haven't worked on my newest composition all day. It makes me feel like I'll never accomplish anything! My stuff is something a Kindergartner could do compared to his stuff. Will I ever be this good?!?
No!
:(
But back to the song.
I must admit, I have always thought that with Taylor Swift's potential, her song Love Story was kind of a let-down, but this arrangement gave me a new appreciation for the song. And I've always loved Vida la Vida.
Not even writing it, but being able to play it would be impossible.
The piano: Look at him! Laughing! This is nothing to him!!! Does he know that a pathetic excuse of a pianist named Lizzie will be watching this someday? Obviously he didn't think of that.
The cello: I've never seen a cellist do stuff like this! I've seen them pistaccato and play normally, but never do this... pluck... slap... strum... thing he's doing! Anybody out there that knows what it's called, PLEASE COMMENT AND TELL ME!!! It's killing me! And he's playing the drum at the same time!!!
Ahhh!!!
They're so good it hurts!
And no, the website link does not have the sheet music yet. I've checked and re-checked.
Make sure you stay tuned for the story afterwards.
It seems impossible for me to listen to this only once. I think I was at least half of those "1,457,272" views.
Yeah.
The link is right here...
Click on it!!!
Watch the whole thing!!!
Right up to the very end!!!
If you don't, I will never forgive you!
And trust me, I'll know who you are.

I'm sorry about that sudden outburst in obsession over a YouTube video.
Well, at least it's not an obsession over Hoobastank anymore. Trust me, my obsessions over something I actually have on my iPod are a lot worse. A lot.
I'll try not to do that again. I think this "no school" thing is going to my head. I haven't seen anybody in, well, it really depends on the person. Some people I haven't seen for two weeks and I'm dying! You guys can't do this to me!
Now to the next segment of this post... "Pictures to Make Up for the Past Year!"
Yeah, I finally got the pictures from my camera imported to my laptop. Sorry it took so long to get it working.
The past year (in picture form)...
Esther broke her arm and got a hot pink cast. Here she is modeling for the camera. Someday she is going to see these pictures and fall in love with herself. And you can see where I signed my name on the second one!
Esther's baptism was so sweet. You can look into her eyes and know that she is sooo sick, but it was a really nice baptism.For Christmas, Esther and Nash both received $50 Build-a-Bear coupons, so mid-January we spent them on... what else? Build-a-Bear!
We had to say goodbye to Kyra. I miss her sooo much!!! Here we are, waking up at six in the morning on the weekend to kidnap her and take her to iHop. It was sweet. I was the only one who forgot to wear pajamas. Ha, ha. :)... :(
Surgery. This is the one trip to the hospital among many that I actually brought my own camera for! Emphasis on my fear of needles.
Matthew started (and ended) soccer. Here he is doing his happy dance. I love you, Bud!My haircut! This is the last stop. Sweet, huh?
I thought so.
Time for Young Women's!!! Yeah! The one time of week that I get to see everybody (besides Sunday)!!!
See ya later!
Hasta luego!
Quote of Today: Those who love me, may they love me. Those who don't love me, may God change their minds. If he doesn't change their minds, may he twist their ankles, so I may know them by their limping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess what my sisters boy friend is in mexico right now...i think it's cool!!

Lizzie said...

Me, too!
Love the picture!
See ya!

Lizzie