Thursday, November 6, 2008

Make New Friends, but Keep the Old

So.
It's official. That's my new greeting.
I get to school today after counting 10 3/4 smiles on the bus (Tyson said that Janessa's smile looked like 3/4 of a smile, so that's where the 3/4 of a smile comes in) and everybody says, "Oh yeah! It's career day!"
Well, are you going to explain to me what Career Day is, or do you expect me to figure out on my own?
They made me figure it out on my own.
Career day is where all the eighth graders in the school skip first and second periods (my least favorite classes- science and US history) to have an assembly and visit a bunch of stations with speakers at them. Isn't this the life?
I saw Bailey in the halls, looking very sad, so I invited her to celebrate Career Day with Kyra, Katie, Jamy, Janessa, Dezzi, one of her friends and I. She did. At first it was fun, but then... I was kidnapped.
See, my first station wasn't exactly by choice.
Cosmetics.
Ugggh.
Paul Mitchell was there advertising their beauty school. You know me, right? I don't care about a stinkin' beauty school! I barely spend 10 minutes on my look every day, and now they want my to call it my life?
Uh-uh.
Second station: interesting. I get in to the therapy class, and I say, "I know everybody in here! Well except for you. Who are you?" (standard greeting to people I don't know).
"I'm Alejandro." It's coming back to me...
Wait a minute.
"You went to Central, right?"
"Hey. How do you know tha... Elizabeth!!!"
Yes, I did know this kid. He used to come to my house every morning. We would have some monkey bread and go to school together. It's a small world after all.
Third class: Firefighters and EMTs. I thought Matthew would be interested to what I would have to say (because I did learn quite a lot), but noooo! I'm too busy paying attention to my DS to hear about the firefighter class that you visited just for me, Lizzie!
Whatever.
Fourth (and final) station: Photography. This was by far my favorite. He was just enthusiastic. I like enthusiastic.
Other news:
It snowed!
I've had sooo many people ask for my work, so guess what? I made a whole website for my work to replace that-old-barely-able-to-hold-one-poem-inside-let-alone-all-of-these-41-other-pages-inside-oh-my-goodness-I'm-breaking-duct-tape-me-more-than-I-already-am-please-binder. Ouch.
The web address is 99lovebugs.webs.com, but there's a quick link to it on the sidebar. -->
Reflections is due November 14. Yes, to all those people who have been asking me, I am entering Tidbits.
I've just noticed that I tend to write a lot on this blog. Sorry, for those of you who don't like to read too much. I'll stop now.
The Quote of Today is from Matthew.
Hasta luego!

Quote of Today: My family rocks, but girls are hot.

0 comments: