Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Life

Life (at the moment) is a whole heck of a lot happier lately. For instance:

-The common winter sickness has finally reached the Haws home, which means (if you know my house, you know that the upper floor is the kid's floor) that our beloved Lizzie, also very sick, has the night shift.
-Lizzie started guitar lessons!!! YYYEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! She and her Mother will be shopping for a guitar (rather than a cheap rental) on Saturday right after her second lesson.
-Grades went up... patience went down...
-Jessi will turn fourteen on Sunday. Shout out to Jessi! We love you! Mia Maid time!
-Alex posted a comment (notice that I get excited about the smallest things. Keep it up!)
-We reached almost a thousand visits! 921! We're popular!
-Cole and I are going to All Shook Up at Hale Center Theatre tonight (part of my Christmas present). It'll be the best ever!
-Jessi, Candace, and I found a book in Mrs. Brande's office called The Five Love Languages of a Teenager. Shiver. Yuck. Puke. Recover and puke again. For those of you who don't know, Mrs. Brande is the health teacher at the Junior High.
-There have been no major arguments on the bus lately to brag (or cry) over.
-Jessi and I have gotten into a habit of going on a walk for a little longer than an hour a day. Who knew exercising could be so much fun? The one reason we couldn't today was because of the shooting in PG today. Weirdos. Who does this anymore?
-Mom bought lunch meat! My long and tiresome days of cup-o-noodles everyday are over! I had a turkey and mustard sandwich for both lunch and snack today. And then I made cookies. Yum.

Those are some pretty sweet headlines, if you ask me.
Note to self: buy Baskin Robbins and enforce drinking fountains in each store in the country. This is one of my biggest pet-peeves on the planet Earth! That, and when people play the piano when I'm playing. Yuck. If you want a turn, I'll give it to you... once I'm done! Arrrg!
I wanted to share the cutest email I just got from Cole:

THE LAWS OF FLIRTING: FLIRTING RULES
Girls: When you want to cuddle with him, tell him you're cold.
Guys: Automatically move closer to her (if you're stupid, then you'll either say 'Me too,' or you'll give her your jacket... don't).
Girls: During a movie, if he puts his arm around you, tilt your head on his shoulder
Guys: Lift her chin up and kiss her.
Guys: When she tells you she loves you, look deep into her eyes, give her a peck on the lips, and tell her you love her too... and MEAN IT!
Girls: When you're both laying under the stars, put your head on his chest and close your eyes as you listen to his steady heart beat.
Guys: Whisper in her ear; 'The stars are beautiful... and so are you. Then link your hands with hers.

Cute! One caution, though, and that it is age. As in, not until you're at least eighteen (I'm looking at you, Janessa)!
We got family pictures back yesterday and they're sooo cute.
Fun.
So.
I ran out of gas.
That's just an expression.
I gotta go! I'm gonna go get ready for All Shook Up!
I promised Jessi that I would quote her, so the Quote of Today is from her.
Hasta Luego!

Quote of Today: I try to stay away from weird boys on playgrounds...

0 comments: