Sunday, May 8, 2011

Synesthesia

A few weeks ago, we went through a poetry unit in Socratic.
You know, metaphors, similes, slanted rhyme, personification... the basics.
But one thing we talked about really caught my attention.
Synesthesia.
A synesthesia combines two or more senses.
As in, "the air smelled warm with summer," or "the cookies tasted yellow."
Still confused? Watch this. It won't help with the confusion.

Is this crazy or what?!? You may need to watch it once or twice...

Anyhow, synesthesias got me going on my newest personal project.
I'm composing in full score what foods would sound like. So far, I've done rice, lemonade, molases, pinneapple, and watermelon. It's crazy!

Love this stuff.

2 comments:

Janessa said...

That's awesome. 'Nuff said.

Lizzie said...

Did you watch it? It's CRAZY!!!